Pages

Friday, August 29, 2003

O.K. I admit it--Last night, while offering everyone a poem in place of the MTV music awards, instead of writing--I was watching those very awards!!! Please imagine some Lovecraftian narrrative involving deep, undersea squid-men and mad xenophobes leading up to the previous statement. Then you will understand the drama for which I am aiming.

Has anyone seen Mark Ryden's new series "Blood?" I'm not so sure about the title, but some of the paintings are really incredible. delightful? Check out especially "Lincoln's Head 43" at www.markryden.com.

I was so jazzed with Kasey's and Noah's books that I've been reading one poem from each in my two english 1A classes. Rather, I've been reading Kasey in one, and Noah in the other. Reactions to both are still gestating, I think. Though with each, I've had to "prove" that they are indeed poems...I'll continue with the experiment/education throughout the semester.

By the way, can anyone tell me how you post pictures? Do I have to upgrade to super blogger? It sure would be fabulous if Duration started acting as a blog host...

I'm trying to post a poem a post, as a prompt of sorts; however, this is an older poem starring Punch of "...and Judy fame."

Alarm!

Alarum!
Punch
tries to
be the
ghost
of Hamlet's
dad!
Froth foams
from his
lips, ears
and (to be
safe) a
cleaver
sticks
out
of his
head.
"where is
my hat?"
he asks
the guards.
"Without that
I'm only
a ghost of
Shakespeare's
invention!
Lucky for me
this is a
mondernist
rendition!"
Punch pulls a
beanie right
from an actor's
head, but forgets
to take the
head out!
like a "pop"
he plops out
the head
replacing it
with
his own.
Hooray!








No comments: